Rezidor’s Mentor Mentee Programme is designed to develop department heads with the potential to become a General Manager in one of our hotels. It nurtures our Company's culture of promotion from within and helps us meet the ever-increasing succession planning needs of our growing Company.
Since the launch of the programme in 2000, we have promoted more than 200 General Managers from within. General Managers are selected to be Mentors, based on their extensive experience in their role, their strong leadership qualities and their motivation and ability to develop others.
A Mentee Candidate is a Department Head who has:
- Significant experience in several departments in one or more hotels
- Undertaken budget and personnel responsibilities
- Demonstrated Z factor strengths as a leader and manager
- A proven fighting spirit and ability to maximise business and people performance
During the 12 months of the programme, the Mentee is expected to:
- Expand his/her knowledge of company operations
- Gain experience in a wide variety of situations
- Strengthen his/her leadership and management style.
By the end of the programme, the Mentee is expected to have the competence and confidence to take on a suitable General Manager position. An appropriate Rezidor hotel will be offered and the mentoring support will continue during the initial phase of the first appointment.
It is important to remember that the assignment of a leadership role is at the sole discretion of the Company and is always performance-based.